Thursday 12 July 2012

Experimenting with Nail Art...

I have one of the biggest collections of nail varnishes, and am a real sucker for a Barry M, every time they bring out a new shade...but, thanks to my very un-steady hands, I'm just not creative enough with my designs and can never get them to look how I want, even using the fine liner nail varnishes...So when I found these fantastic Nail Art pens, I thought I'd give them a go...

 










They work as a 3-in-1, with a standard brush to paint the whole nail, a small pot of gems to decorate, and a very fine pen like nib to draw and design on the nail...and I actually found them really easy to use...

I started by covering the whole nail with a mixture of my two chosen colours...

...And then drew on a relatively simple heart design for my first attempt...

I am really pleased with how they have turned out...they were very easy to use, even with my un-steady hands and have made me feel a lot more confident with trying out different designs with lots more colours!
The one bad thing I will say about them, is that the nail varnish itself isn't the best for covering the whole nail, so maybe use the pens with a different nail polish background...that way your pens will last longer too :)

There are tons of places to get these pens, but for the best variety, I would go directly to the brands website which can be found here!

How do you get on with designing your nails? Let me know if you have any more techniques for getting those perfect lines on your nails!

 x


4 comments:

  1. ooh how pretty! :) i love the hearts x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Charlotte...I'm glad you like them...you should definitely give them a go, they're so easy to use! I'll try some more designs and be sure to post them up! x

      Delete
  2. This is so cute! and I love that you did the little finger in opposite colours :)

    Alice

    http://secretsofawannabecharlotte.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alice, I hope I have inspired you to get creative!

      xx

      Delete